ASAP start – rural community feel, but close to city!
- DPA location
- Situated just 40 minutes from Bundaberg
About the Role:
This Family Medical Centre has a position for a GP to start as soon as possible. This position offers a great opportunity for someone wanting to gain a wealth of knowledge whilst living in a small rural community away from the hustle and bustle of city life, whilst being close enough to the city when need be.
This position would suit a candidate who wants to provide continuity of care while enjoying the rewards of getting to know their patient and families, along with the aged old community values, using all the modern setting of being fully computerized and always looking and working forward with Quality Improvements. Gin Gin is in a DPA location.
- Current unrestricted with AHPRA registration as a General Practitioner
- Excellent communication skills with patients, families and colleagues
- This Family Medical Centre is a bulk billing clinic with the exception of items not covered by Medicare.
- Accredited Practice with AGPAL
- Clinic is only 7 years old and is adjoining the Gin Gin Hospital – completed in 2016
- Friendly helpful staff who take in pride in themselves to be as efficient and polite to both fellow colleagues and patients.
- This Family Medical Centre provides a diverse range of services, including:-
- Women’s and Men’s health, indigenous health, chronic disease management, ECG’s, spirometry, ABI’s, childhood immunization, skin cancer checks, excisions.
- The clinic has 1 full time GP, Practice Manager, Practice Nurse, Medical Assistant, Reception staff
There will be no after-hours responsibility as the Principle Doctor and MOPP for the Gin Gin Hospital do on-call to the hospital.
Gin Gin and District Information:
Gin Gin is a small rural town on the Bruce Highway situated just 40 minutes from Bundaberg, 45 minutes from Bargara and 350 kms from Brisbane.
A very scenic area which a very impressive main street for a small rural town incorporating large areas of sugar cane, avocado farms, macadamia farms, small cropping and cattle properties.
The township has most facilities available e.g pharmacy, primary and secondary schools, golf and bowls clubs, IGA, news agency, 2 butcher shops, hairdressers, hardware, swimming pool, cafes and coffee shops, 2 hotels and all emergency services.
Gin Gin population consists of a mix of young families, semi retired and retired people and we also see a lot of patients traveling through as we are on the highway.
Bundaberg Airport offers flights by 2 airlines and between them they offer several flights to Brisbane every day. They are looking at direct flights to Melbourne commencing in May.
Salary Information: Negotiable (Based on Experience & Qualifications)
For more information on this position, please contact our team via email@example.com.
Please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button on this page.
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland’s comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.
JOB – 10003317